Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Want to Give This Speech So Badly


Ah, the good old days when playground equipment could actually kill a kid, not swaddle him like a newborn baby all the time.

That was how we did it - old school - solid metal and unfinished wood. You would be lucky to have a dirt patch to land in, not the giant cat litter boxes they have today.

Oh and these pictures were plans for NEWER and SAFER playground equipment. Imagine what our grandparents climbed? If you guessed high tension power poles then you would be right. Didn't hurt them none - just toughened them up to eventually fight Hitler and his ilk one day.

So quick your bitchin' that you skinned your knee ya pantie waist.

5 comments:

Tempo said...

Todays kids are such pussies...you know, they grow up without a single broken bone?!

Kal said...

Damn, I had such a great answer to you Tempo but I lost the comment. But you did inspire a new feature. Check out a few posts ahead.

Kal said...

Damn, I had such a great answer to you Tempo but I lost the comment. But you did inspire a new feature. Check out a few posts ahead.

Robin said...

OMG I miss whipping around on the merry-go-round! I loved seeing how fast I could get it to go and finding a big strong person to REALLY get it going :)

Kal said...

Or learning all about the powers of centrifugal force by trying to hold on at the very edge and then trying to make it to the center like you were on a spaceship and it was spinning out of control. Good Times.