Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Second Stupidest Thing I Have Ever Heard


There is actually a rapper who's rap name is 'FLO RIDA'. How frickin' idiotic is that? I usually expect my rappers to be uneducated but this is 'never read a book kind of stupid'. And once you choose your rap name you are STUCK with it. Your only alternative after you realize people are chanting "FLORIDA" at your concerts (without leaving a space) is that you have to go back to the name your momma gave you and in the rap game, that is pathetic.

5 comments:

DEZMOND said...

Flo Rida actually has some really catchy tunes :) My favourite rapper Tinnie Tempah (from UK) also has a name I don't understand :) but I do adore some of his songs (like WRITTEN IN THE STARS)

M. D. Jackson said...

Yeah, Flo Rida played one of the local bars in my town last year (which kind of gives you an idea where his career was then) I was designing the advertising for it ang got his press release. I just kind of shook my head at the name. I thought maybe it would be pronounced "Flo-Ryda", like maybe he was trying to be Flow Rider.

I imagine he'd get tired of correcting people's pronunciation. "Hey, Florida!"

"It's Flo-Ryda, bitch!"

Pearl said...

I'm with you.

My "favorite"? Ludikris or ludicris or however he's spelling it...

Pearl

Anonymous said...

"i usually expect my rappers to be uneducated"

that's racist!

Kal said...

Find me one or two with university degrees. Glad your first comment on my site is a total endictment of my character - guess how seriously I take you. Thank you for defending the poor rappers. They are such an oppressed minority.