Thursday, December 23, 2010

Top Ten Guilty Pleasures To Cheer Me Up - First 3

I have a hard time with this time of year. My father, who has been gone for 5 years, was really into it and it sucks not to have him around. So I am surrounding myself with things that bring me personal joy. They may seem stupid to some of you but they work for me. In no particular order are my top 10.

1. Final 3 Couples, Pasa Doble from season 10 of 'Dancing With The Stars'.

They are all so magnetic especially the eventual winner - cute, spunky, gymnast Sean Johnston (she is in the first couple). The guys are beyond cool in their matador outfits and the song is perfect by Pink ('So What'). I would love to learn how to dance this way. Ignore the stuff after the dance, it's just judging stuff that I couldn't remove.



2. Antonio Banderas - Cancion del Mariachi (Music Video)

This is more of a music video that combines parts of this movie so I have included both versions. I love way Antonio prowls like a cat on the bar and the song is a rocker. I wish I understood the words because they seem like Mexican blues from the broken heart of the Mariachi. It would be a fun song to sing. Of course after this I have to watch the entire movie, which is terrific.





3. The Big Snit - National Film Board of Canada

The sheer weirdness of this story of two people playing Scrabble gets to my funny bone every time. Such classic lines as - "Why don't you go join some shaka-rocka-roll band" and "STOP SAWING THE TABLE!" "I'M NOT!" (as he continues to saw through the furniture) comes from a mind much stranger than mine. And no matter how many times he rearranges those tiles he can't spell anything with only 'E' tiles.

1 comment:

M. D. Jackson said...

I love The Big Snit. It's hysterical!