Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Firefly And Han Solo In Carbonite

I am not sure if anyone else knew about this but since I have great love for 'Firefly' I thought I would pass this on. I found it on GEEK WITH CURVES. Check her site out. She does some great cosplay and her love for 'geek' stuff is pure.

"I've been spending more time than usual looking up obscure references for all the nooks and crannies of Serenity. In one of my many prop searches in the very late (um, early) hours when my eyes were drooping, I thought I saw Han Solo and Firefly in the same sentence. That's actually not so uncommon since Captain Malcom Reynolds is like Solo in more than a few ways. I blinked. No, the website said Han Solo in Carbonite and Firefly in the same sentence.

Huh?

As it turns out, a Han Solo in Carbonite was brought on set since Nathan Fillion is such a huge Star Wars fan. The props team joked around and added it to sets whenever they could, it apparently became a running joke. It didn't get grabbed out of every scene before shooting though."


Heart of Gold - look just above Mal's left shoulder.


Jaynestown - look just to the right of the bartender's head.


Objects in Space - look to the left of Book on the counter.


The Message - look above Kaylee's hammock on the top right.



http://geekfemme.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Sam G said...

That is so f@ckin' cool!