Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sweet Noms






I am the kind of guy who needs to learn about everything. Any topic that enters my notice and that I don't know anything about must be researched. Then I go and get myself the Diabetes and the last thing I want to know about is how to deal best with the disease.

I hate the idea that I can't eat whatever I want anymore. I see way too many pictures of food I want desperately to consume. I am getting to the point where I am going to say 'fuck it' and fill up on a box of donuts. What I am living for anyways? What is life without a cookie every once in awhile?

6 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Well, you know me: chocoholic, ultimate sweet tooth, and a baker to boot. This diagnosis of diabetes would kill me...I can't imagine what you're going through, Cal. But there ARE options...it's just a matter of being creative & finding them. I know there is diabetic chocolate available out there; Purdy's does some for sure.

Kal said...

You have inspired me to seek such options out despite what a pain in the ass it will be. I only just got the diagnosis and I hear of people getting so fit that they stop being diabetic also so I have that to work towards.

D.I. Felipe González said...

You don't have to torture yourself to avoid diabetes complications. Start a quest to find food that is both delicious and lowCal.
@Coyote, there's dark chocolate, my choice is Lindt's 85% cacao bars: almost no sugar and great flavor (and I never eat the whole bar).

Kal said...

See now this is helping me. Thanks buddy.

Wandering Coyote said...

@ DI: that's also a very good option.

Cal, there are TONS of diabetic food books out there, too.

Pat Tillett said...

This post just made me very hungry! I think I'll purge lunch and start over...