Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cave of Cool's Mission Statement


"We want you to take a little something away with you each time you visit - a smile, a tear, an idea that changes the world. We promise to never stop being innovative and unpredictable because YOU - the knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, and window licking couch/cubicle/cell monkeys - deserve only the best. You are my people and I must entertain my people at every possible opportunity."

I was digging through my voluminous archive of posts (something anyone with taste and a sense of humor should do) and found this old quote. It really gets to the heart of why we do the voodoo that we do here at 'Cave of Cool Inc'.

I can't tell you how much you comments and support of this site means to me. I have recently watched several of my favorite blogs cease operation. Some went on to create fresh new blogs and others stopped blogging entirely.

I couldn't do that. I am too invested in everything 'Cave of Cool' related and it has become such an important part of my life. The success of my operation comes from those of you who follow my postings. Without your kind words and sarcasm, I could never confidently create something this cool.

I assure everyone that I will never go away. I will be here unleashing my particularly magnificent brand of balloon juice until those damn dirty apes pull my keyboard from my cold, dead hands.

6 comments:

DEZMOND said...

yep, you enjoy getting multiple sarcasms every day from us :)

Wings1295 said...

Glad to know this is a stable rock in the ever changing river of that is the internet! Sometimes I wonder if it's time for my blog to just go under the rapids for good.

Kal said...

'Stable' is the last word I would ever use to describe what I do here but I get your point. I hope you keep your blog. You are a fun, unique voice out there and you are a large part of what made the 'Cave of Cool' the blogging juggernaut that it is today.

Wings1295 said...

Hah. Thanks, Cal. As Dolly would say about a compliment like that "Boy, I sure fished for that one!"

Here's to us both staying afloat!

Daisy said...

I always worry about how long I can keep blogging. Would anybuddy ready a blog from a 15 year old cat? I am already seven. Years.

Kal said...

You are timeless Daisy. Your fame will outlast us all.