Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Great Old Memories


Making collages of all my favorite things used to be a big hobby for me. When I was teaching I would have the students do collages of their favorite things on a huge piece of bristol board.

It was a great project that took months to complete and it gave the kids some busywork when their regular class work was done. After completed, the posters were laminated. No two were ever alike. Each I concidered a work of art which is essentually what they are.

I enjoy looking back on mine. They become snapshots in time with many pop cultural references of the period the collage was made. One day they will be hanging in the Louvre. Here is an example that someone else did.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I made one about a million years ago that was all human faces, laboriously cut out from magazines like Macleans. I remember I put a photo of my sister's head on Kermit the Frog's body. It was her favourite part of the collage.

Kal said...

Why was that part your sister's favorite? Is she green with skinny legs?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, so you've met her.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

i LOVE this!