Monday, July 4, 2011

Damn, 'Burn Notice' Is Still Sweet


Just when I feared this would be another year of Michael Weston just hanging around Miami and doing his good deeds for ordinary people, the creators ramped up the action and put him back to work for the CIA. That means more education on how the spy game works which all fans of the show know is the unique appeal of this program.

He may have dismantled the organization responsible for his 'burn notice' in the first place but I have a feeling his troubles are not over. He didn't get the answers he has been looking for for the past 4 seasons but I think that makes the show stronger. Why government agencies do what they do is never easy to pin down.

If you go to the 'Burn Notice' site you can read the interactive graphic novel called 'A New Day'. It's cool to read with the character voices in your head.

I wish more of my favorite shows did comic book adaptations like this. I know the 'Serenity' comics helped me get over the depression I felt when I had watched all 14 of the original 'Firefly' episodes.

No comments: