Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Spider-Man Mirror


When I worked as a paper boy at age 11/12, the newspaper I worked for (The Winnipeg Free Press) would hold all kinds of give-a-ways and incentive for us to increase customers on our routes.

I worked so hard and trudged through the deep snow to the single soldier's barracks on the base where I lived to sign up 10 additional customers just so I could get 20 dollars, a combination radio and light for my ten-speed bike and the Spider-Man mirror. From the moment I saw the mirror, I knew I just had to have it.

The sticker that covered the front of it made the mirror virtually unusable for it's purpose but I didn't care. I thought it was very cool. It was the mirror I had in my room for more than 20 years after that until it fell and broke not only the glass but my heart as well. Good memories.

Thanks to 'Jon's Random Acts of Geekiness' for posting the original image in the first place and inspiring this post. I wonder if he would sell me that mirror if it's part of his collection.

http://waffyjon.blogspot.com/2011/07/cool-stuff-yet-more-spidey-stuff.html#more

No comments: