Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Vampires Do Not Sparkle


'The Count' is my idea of a vampire. My vampires are cartoonish and made of felt. They do not sparkle. The have OCD that manifests in their compulsion to count everything in their field of vision.

Or like 'Count Blah' from Greg the Bunny, they have an annoying vocal tick. See if you can pick it out in this clip.



Or they are like Brad Pitt's Louis in 'Interview With The Vampire' by Anne Rice. He had the most delicious ennui. Even with all his powers and immortality he STILL was a buzzkill in nearly every scene. I admire his focus.



I got the idea for this post from a blog I discovered when the blog's author left a comment here at the 'Cave of Cool'. See what can happen when you comment? You get featured.

In this case I recommend you check out Moody By Name. Steve pumps out the same irrelevant and irreverent balloon juice that I do but he does it in such a funny and well written way. I like that his biases are right out front and only fuel the comedy. I can work with a snarky bastard like that.

1 comment:

Paradox Al said...

I remember reading stories and watching cartoons of vampires who were able to turn into bats and control certain creatures. Sigh, vampires used to be so cool...