Wednesday, July 6, 2011

OMG. I Have Found Them


When I was a child I had a lot of action figures. From the time I was but a wee lad my Dad bought me action figures for my birthday and Christmas. He didn't just pick stuff off the shelf either. He studied up by looking at the catalogues. He often chose toys that he, himself would have liked - G.I. Joe (especially the uniforms of various armed forces around the world), Evil Knievel, Big Jim, Johnny West, Mego Superheroes and the two pirates that are in the hands of the kid in this ad.

They were terrific pirate figures that had springs in their arms that allowed them to throw knives at other figures with surprising accuracy. One had a peg leg that contained a folded up treasure map. They were the size of Megos. They were sold in the 70s which was the same time period that I had those figures. The ad above also was made in the 70s.

If anyone knows the name of this series I would love them to tell me. These were lost to me in the great cataclysm that decimated the toy collection I had before the age of 12 and I would love to find them today.

3 comments:

biopunk said...

Hey Calvin!

They were called the 'Fighting Furies' and made by Matchbox in the mid '70s.

If you act fast maybe you could snag some by the weekend...

Best of luck reclaiming a piece of yr childhood!

Kal said...

I always say that my followers are the smartest. Thanks a lot for that information biopunk. I just put in a bid.

biopunk said...

Huzzah!