Friday, July 22, 2011

We Love Mrs Frederick



CCH Pounder as the omniscient and powerful Mrs. Frederick heads the strongest female cast on TV in 'Warehouse 13'. Isn't it about time SYFY ruined this program? It has all the things that network hates.

It has fantastic and appealing female characters. All are resourceful and brave. They even found a way to make the female HG wells a sympathetic villain. The two guys in the cast (Eddie McClintock and Saul Rubinek) are just a goofy younger brother and an even goofier older uncle who can be counted on the do their part but make no mistake, it's the girls who are in charge on this merry-go-round. Suspend all disbelief and enjoy the ride.


This is a great concept with a rich mythology that is fun to get into. This is what all science fiction genre fans have been waiting for. It's fun to catch up with the conspiracy once a week because everything IS a conspiracy. The stories can go ANYWHERE and that is entertaining.

Allison Scagliotti as Claudia, the warehouses resident techno wiz is my personal favorite. She is a bad girl trying to do good for the right reasons. I really enjoy the relationship between her and Artie. It's the father she doesn't know she needs and the daughter he doesn't know he wants.







I haven't forgotten about Myka (Joanne Kelly). She's a local Canadian girl who is the heart of this show. They all survive off her belief and loyalty. I will do a special post about her once I get into the latest season. I just caught up to the end of Season 2 and it broke my heart. Gods I like a show that makes me care about things that I know are not permanent.

Tell me Canadian Joanne Kelly is not one of the most beautiful women in the world. Wow, meow and kapow!


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't been watching this show but perhaps I should start! I love Saul Rubinek and CCH Pounder.

Kal said...

CCH was terrific in 'The Shield'. She is one of my favorite character actors.

Wings1295 said...

I love all the characters on this show, even the new guy. The only thing with Mrs. Fredrick is her outfits seem... ungainly, like the actress is uncomfortable in this odd-fitting suits.