Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ben Balistreri



http://www.benbalistreri.blogspot.com/

Totally digging the style of Ben Balistreri and his 50 favorite Marvel characters. Go to his site to see them all and some of his other work. I like how wild and frenetic it is. EVERY part of the character seems to be moving all at the same time. Works excellently for some character like my top six.

Growing up I always dreamed of being a Marvel Comics artist. Mark Gruenwald, (one time editor in chief of Marvel) was a student of my Dad's at the University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh and that gave me extra inspiration that I could make it there one day. Eventually my interests steered towards animation, but I still would like to illustrate a comic for Marvel one day if I got the opportunity. Here are the first 25 characters in my top 50 list. (#'s 25-#1 will get posted some other day, but it might take awhile). Once I finish all 50 my plan is to auction the original art on ebay and donate the proceeds to MS research. More on that whenever I finish the rest.





1 comment:

Belle said...

They seem to be alive! Very cool.