Saturday, November 19, 2011

I Always Look To Recycle



PLASTIC BOTTLES: 20 TIMES STRONGER THAN BRICKS

Life in Africa has many challenges: from disease to poverty and war. The continent also has a reputation for extreme difficulties that are fixable, but a lack of resources often prevents the problems from being solved.This is where resourcefulness comes into play: if you don’t have what you need make do with what you already have. A surplus of empty plastic bottles is something that not only affects Africa, but the entire planet.


I have a great interest in finding ways to re-use items that would more than likely find themselves into landfills. I wonder long you could expect such a structure made from plastic pop bottles to stay standing. I am sure the insulation factor would be quite low unless you could find ways to block all the air holes.

I would like to do something like this as a school project. Collect enough bottles to build somekind of gazeebo.

1 comment:

Belle said...

I went to a house that is now a museum. The guy was an undertaker and made his whole house and garden paths out of empty embalming fluid bottles. Kind of creepy, but it was a nice house.