Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Because T-TOCK From Djibouti Needs To Know


1: Apart from tumblr, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Plot and execute missions against the cephalopod menace. I like to caption pictures of KITTIES which my Doctor says is a good use of my nervous bitterness. In the past I would light fires but in my defence I think hot dogs taste best roasted outdoors on a stick. I like to daydream, create and wish that someone could love me despite how hideous a human that I am.

2: Name a favorite of each: food, drink, color.

Favorite piece - Pizza,
Favorite drink - fruit smoothie'
Favorite color - Red

3: If you married rich and your spouse gave you $100,000 a week, what would you spend it on?

Travelling the world to experience all the same hotels that the Travelocity Ghome get to visit on each episode of the 'Amazing Race'.

4: Name a favorite of each: book, movie, TV show.

Favorite book is 'DUNE'
Favorite movies is 'Legends of The Fall'
Favorite TV show - ' Justified'



5: If you were given the opportunity to spend 48 hours with absolutely anyone (living or dead), who would you spend it with and what would you do?


I would like to make Malibu laugh and see if it sounded as much like music as I thought it must. I would of course love to spend some time with my Dad in front of the TV solving mysteries and I would apologize to Coral for everything going too far and falling apart.





6: Name a LEAST favorite of each: food, drink, color.

Most evil food - beets
Most evil drink - milk
Most evil color - orange

7: What do you spend most of your money on?

My niece and nephew get most of my stipend while I fill my world with only 1/4 of all the action figures I would buy if I had the space to display them. It's got to the point where I am boxing things up and making some hard display decisions. You don't know the stress.

8: What kind of underwear do you prefer wearing?
Sometimes is is best to roam free, like our dickswinging ancient monkey ancestors.

9: Name a LEAST favorite of each: book, movie, tv show

HATE the book -  'The Giving Tree',
HATE  the movie - Spaceballs  (only film I ever walked out on)
HATE - anything with the dirty stink of a Kardashian on it.

10: If you were sat on a plane beside your favorite celebrity, what would you do?

I would gush and ask her all the questions I could before being forcible returned to the economy class section.

11: What is the strangest thing you have in your room? (You are not allowed to explain why you own it.)

Perfumed wood chips in a sealed bottle from a girl named Denise who I loved a long long long time ago. You can still smell the perfume if you open the bottle quickly.

12: What is a weird habit you have, or people have told you have. (Weird, not bad. No nail biting or any of that nonsense.)

I have to have very specific conditions in which to sleep. I am a nightmare to sleep with or beside. The room needs to be cold with lots of pillows for me to re-arranged for comfort. Then usually the thin sheet I use to cover myself has to be twisted and flipped into the air like some Matador and his bull fighting cape. When it finally lands the right way, I will know. Then all the counting in my head begins. I am lucky I ever sleep at all.



13: What would you consider to be the biggest insult to yourself?


The truth that I am an unattractive troll that lives under a nice bridge just down the street from 'The Cave Of Cool' (my day job)

14: What are five things you absolutely have to have in your dream house?

One or several kitties. Indoor fans. Internet and satellite dish that connect me to the world. Surface to air missiles on the roof of my garage to discourage the crows. Grandfather clock that enters to a staircase leading down to the Batcave.





15: If you could be reincarnated as any animal, which would you chose and why?
 
The noble domesticated house cat because I want to be a classy animal other than the wormy slug I am now.

16: Which band (current or past) would you want to go on tour* with? (*Travel with, not preform with.)

Queen would be a fun summer back in the 80s. Today I could follow Selena Gomez and the Scene around for a few months. I would like to meet many of the celebs she gets to hang out with like Taylor Swift.


17: Name a favorite of each: band, album, song.


Favorite Band - Queen, Garbage
Favorite Album - 'Our Time In Eden' - 10,000 Maniacs
Hallelujah - K.D. Lang

18: Why is your favorite band your favorite?

Queen were technicians who used complicated musical rifts to tell complicated stories. Led by arguably the greatest voice in the Rock Era - Freddy Mercury. His eight octave range took the listener on trips of soaring emotion, especially after Freddy was one of the first musical celebrities to be afflicted with AIDS - the disease that killed him. This one one of his last song put out when he knew he was close to death.




19: How many concerts have you attended? Which was your favorite? Least favorite?

 
I love me a good show so I have in recent years seen more shows and plays and other performance too many times to count. I miss the days when I was heavy into drama. I was a good performer too.

20: What is one of your favorite song lyrics? (Who is it by?)


Our Time In Eden - 10,000 Maniacs



We are the roses in the garden, beauty with thorns among our leaves.
To pick a rose you ask your hands to bleed.
What is the reason for having roses when your blood is shed carelessly?
It must be for something more than vanity.

Believe me, the truth is we`re not honest,

not the people that we dream.
We`re not as close as we could be.
Willing to grow but rains are shallow.
Barren and wind-scattered seed

on stone and dry land, we will be.
Waiting for the light arisen to flood inside the prison.
And in that time

kind words alone will teach us, no bitterness will reach us.
Reason will be guided in another way.

All in time,

but the clock is another demon
that devours our time in Eden,
in our Paradise.
Will our eyes see well beneath us, flowers all divine?
Is there still time?
If we wake and discover in life a precious love,

will that waking become
more heavenly?

21: Who do you ship?


My unlimited love to you all, especially to the person who sent me this message.



And you do have an effect on me dear! You’re probably my closest friend. I don’t really have anyone that I can talk to except for you. You really don’t know how much of a difference you’ve made in my life, Cal.

6 comments:

Ian said...

"Who Wants to Live Forever" was written for "A Kind of Magic" and the movie "Highlander". It was recorded 6 years before Freddie passed away and over a year before he was diagnosed.

He was the greatest, nonetheless.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I did not know that. I know the song came from 'Highlander' but it seemed to so perfectly capture a moment of time for a dying community. I guess I bought the hype. Thanks for filling me in.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra She Who Seeks said...

You don't like beets? What the hell kind of Ukrainian are you? *shakes head sadly*

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

But I love Beet Leaves wrapped bread...doesn't that grant me some forgiveness. I once ate a beet thinking it was an apple and it was horrendous.

Cheap Flights to Djibouti said...

I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.