Thursday, May 17, 2012

Donna Summer, 1948-2012

If you are anywhere near my age you stopped for a second to mark the passing of Donna Summer. Just saying her name puts a smile on the faces of all of us who so remember our insane flirtation and fascination with Disco music. I know what it was like to wear that black satin shirt with red satin vest, tight belt bottom pants and my high heeled Wellington boots. That was stylin back then.

Music always reflects the times it is created in and Disco tells you all you need to know about the second half of the 1970s. Disco was about being an individual, it was about style and image and moving quick to the beat of the music. It was about the love, baby.

Disco was all about being in tune with pop culture and the elements of the Disco Style are still seen to this day. Anyone who aspires to be a pop icon can do no wrong studying the music of Miss Donna Summer.  Happily I have the technology and the resources to share with you this classic from the era. Donna Summer - all class. I would say rest in peace but I don't want her to ever stop belting out her songs.




Oh, I need you, by me,
beside me, to guide me,
to hold me, to scold me,
'cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad

8 comments:

Budd said...

I guess she didn't survive. She would have made cancer leave his key if she would have known for just one second that he would be back. . .

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

She survived...just in another form. That's why there are stars in the heavens.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

All hail the Queen of Disco!

Wings1295 said...

She certainly lived! She'll be missed.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

*sigh*

Nick Ward said...

What Debra said.

NinaChristian said...

Did anyone watch BMA's, I am disgusted with "The tribute to Donna Sommer?" I will never watch that show again. They should hang their heads in shame. RIP Donna, you were and will always be amazing!

NinaChristian said...

Did anyone watch BMA's, I am disgusted with "The tribute to Donna Sommer?" I will never watch that show again. They should hang their heads in shame. RIP Donna, you were and will always be amazing!