Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Finally Collected In One Volume


SHOWCASE PRESENTS: AMETHYST, PRINCESS OF GEMWORLD VOL. 1 TP
Written by Dan Mishkin and Gary Cohn, art by Ernie Colon, Ric Estrada and others, cover by Ernie Colon. The 1980s fantasy series is collected at last! Collects Legion Of Super-Heroes #298, Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld #1-12, Amethyst Annual #1, Dc Comics Presents #63 and Amethyst #1-11.  648 pages, black and white, $19.99, in stores on Sept. 19.

The showcase books are an excellent way of getting over 500 pages of comic book content for less than 20 dollars. The phone book sized book are in black and white but often that helps you better appreciate the art within. These are some of the volumes that I currently have in my collection. I try to send my niece and nephew several of the many available volumes a year. I know that my niece will dig the new Amethyst collection as she is a nut for books like the Harry Potter books or the Hunger Games series - adventure novels with strong female characters.







5 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Wow! That's an awesome concept! Where do you get them?

Hobgoblin238 said...

I need an uncle like you.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

They have many many volumes out there. Marvel does the same thing by collecting all their great 70s monster stuff and the earliest Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four.

Nick Ward said...

Now that's a sweet idea. Also I have reached the bottom of the page so I can stop commenting. Whew.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You did a MAN's work, Nick. Thanks for the boost. NOTHING I love more than waking up to comments I can respond to.