Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Knew She Was Fly But I Didn't Know She Was A FLY GIRL


Carrie Ann Inabra

I was reading my Entertainment Weekly and they had some of the great TV LAND photographs of the casts of old TV shows. One of the ones they included were of the FLY GIRLS.


For those of you who are ignorant of your TV history, the FLY GIRLS did their hip hop dance thing back in the 90s on In Living Color, one of the first successful comedy shows on the newly formed Fox Network. It was the brainchild of Keenen Ivory Wayans and featured a young Canadian named Jim Carrey. The sketches often pushed the limits for network television and shined with their predominantly black cast - something rare on network television outside of the Cosby Show.


Carrie Anne may have been in the background at the time but like a young Jennifer Lopez, she has found her own path to fame as one of the judges on 'Dancing With The Stars'. I do so love to hate that show and my mother always gets a big kick out of my reactions. She always tells me I can walk away anytime I want to but I just can't ignore what is going on in front of me. If you are a fan you understand the spell that 'Dancing' can put on your soul.



3 comments:

Nick Ward said...

They were the "Hills Angels" of the 90s.

Nick Ward said...

Just to clarify my last pop reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQwhR49jwU

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well he's just an old perv. I like it.