Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thank You DC Comics


For putting out ONE title that this old time comic book fan can enjoy.

Most everything these days seems designed to deliberately disappoint me. The older one gets, the harder it is to be surprised by anything. Not only have I read thousands of comics stories but thousands of variations on the same stories and the same characters. I have no idea why DC just didn't create this new pocket universe and ditch most of the dreck that they have put out in the past 9 months. Batman is the only series of titles that are an improvement on what they replaced with the 'New 52'.

If you put a gun to my head I couldn't tell you one story arc (other than the Court of Owls stuff in the Batman family of books) from memory. I guess I just don't care.

It's amazing that only two comics into this event and I am hungry for more and that is a feeling I haven't felt in a long time.



4 comments:

Budd said...

no window, no powergirl.

the DC logo currently sucks.

I need to catch up on the new 52 books that I didn't immediatly give up on. so many comics. so little time.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Most everything is not worth your time. You would be better to just go back and read some good stories that you may have missed out on the first time around.

The logo is stupid as is the changes to Power Girl's uniform.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

i've enjoyed Green Lantern & New Guardians- I SAW THIS about Earth 2 just today! JOY!

The Flying Dachshund said...

The Green Lantern stuff is awesome, but didn't need the reboot, as it didn't even change hardly anything in the mythos... I've only read the beginning of Court of Owls, and have found it to be dull... I have, however, kind of enjoyed reading Superman anew... I kind of like the new Supergirl, but still miss the Peter David version... And Superboy is kind of a take it or leave it for me as I kind of prefer him to be directly linked to Superman and not just possibly linked or whatever they're doing right now...