Monday, June 4, 2012

Carly Rae Jepsen And The Bieberization Of The World



Congrats Carly Rae Jepsen! The Canadian cutie’s debut U.S. single, ‘Call Me Maybe,’ is now certified Platinum, selling 1.2 million copies since its release.

The song has skyrocketed since being promoted heavily by the young man who signed her — none other than fellow Canadian Justin Bieber. Bieber even recorded a video lip syncing to the track with galpal Selena Gomez and famous friends, garnering over 35 million YouTube views.

‘Call Me Maybe’ is currently in the Top 5 on iTunes and has hit the top spot in Australia, the U.K. and Jepsen’s native Canada.

If we have to have a female version of the Demon Bieber then it might as well be her. The is cute and spunky. I hate the video for her catchy hit song but I am not her intended fan base. I learned about her and the fact that she is Canadian from my niece. These kind of things matter to an 11 year old.













2 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Okay, I got as far as the guy taking off his shirt before my gag reflex really kicked in. I know we should be supporting Canadian talent, but honestly, this is just going too far.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That gag reflex is what reminds me that we are both okay. I had the same reaction and just listened to the bouncy little song. But yeh, I was hoping for a bit of a nail gun mayem myself but those damn television standards.