Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Favorite 'Bachelor' Frogs Of All Time


The Jim Hen­son Com­pany has acquired rights to the beloved children’s books FROG AND TOAD and is devel­op­ing an ani­mated fea­ture film. Writ­ten and illus­trated by Arnold Lobel in the 1970s each of the four FROG AND TOAD books include five short sto­ries chron­i­cling the exploits of a frog and his friend, a toad, sim­ply named Frog and Toad.

What a cool idea. I have a deep love for those two magnificent cookie eating bike riding amphibians. I also like how they wear pants and a coat but no shirt or shoes. They just hike up their pants and tie the whole look togther with a nice belt. You can't teach that kind of style.


5 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I remember these books fondly from my youth. There was also a series of stop motion shorts, but I can't recall much about those.

Pat Tillett said...

I wonder if the frog got warts from the toad.... Or is that the other way around?

M. D. Jackson said...

I loved that book. At one point one of them says: "Bleah!" That part used to crack me up.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's Ernie and Bert all over again!

Nathan said...

He's not the only Toad who doesn't wear a shirt.