Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Could It Be...That Once Again..."



This is the week for collecting all my favorite movie scenes or trailers. On the comedy side you really can't do better than 'The Three Amigoes'. Yes it's not perfect and Chevy Chase is BRUTAL in it but there are many scenes that pay off in big time belly laughs. Thank the gods for Steve Martin and Martin Short and especially for El Guapo and his long suffering right hand man, Heffe. Some scenes you just must commit to memory if you want to lay claim to your status as a pop culture geek. Funny is funny and this is funny.

2 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

"What is a Pletora?" This scene seems like it mirrors the "I don't not think it means what you think it means" scene from "The Princess Bride.

It seems everyones talking about movies now that Blockbuster season is in full swing. Michael May as well as myself finally committed to listing our top ten last week.

Its always interesting to see people's comedy choices because they're often very diverse films. Though I trust we'll be seeing a lot of clips from "Spaceballs" here soon, right? heheheh.

GC said...

"When will then be now?" Sorry, Just responding to Erik Johnson's comments above.

I use the Plethora quote a lot at work. I usually play El Jefe and let my cube neighbor play El Guapo.