Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day To All You Procreators Out There



I am too depressed losing my Dad seven years ago to even post something moving about Father Day today. I usually don't care if I mess up my thoughts but this post is more important than my usual ranting and balloon juice.

I am sitting here alone and I have run out of fruit to make my magnificent fruit smoothies. Suddenly all my fingers and toes are tingling from the lack of fruit in the house. I could make a trek to the Sobies but that seems like too much of an expedition for me and my Sherpas today. I like to give them 24 hours notice before we load up the donkey's with supplies.

I have the mixings for some kind of strawberry fiber shake that the guy at the natural food store gave me. I know I will hate it but....I got to have something smoothed to stop me from having these shakes. Can 24 hours without fresh fruit kill a person?

I have such ennui today that I can't even find a good picture to go with this post. Sigh. But then the Universe provides and I giggle just a little.



8 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Been eating fruit a lot myself the past few months. Be lost without bananas! LOL

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

tell me it makes a difference. I can never tell until my monthly weigh-ins. I love the fruit but I am kind obsessed with getting it together in the am to smooth it all together. Today I dug through the freezer for frozen strawberries like some crack atict

Wings1295 said...

I think it does. Healthy eating and exercise are a magic potion, your body wants both and shows you the results in time. But yes, it does take time, so patience and perseverance are key! I am a little over three months into healthier eating and exercising and I am down 30 pounds! You can do it, too!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

30 pounds? Good for you. You are going to be beach ready this summer. Was't 40 your goal to begin with. I have to try harder to keep up with you.

Wings1295 said...

Thank you, sir! I have a goal of 42 pounds to lose, initially. After that, I'd like to lose another 11, for a total of 53. That would bring me to the healthy weight range for my height. And that would be a loss of a quarter of what I weighed when I started! :)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You must be sleek as a jungle cat. You need to post about your secrets and you plans so that you can help the rest of us. Very proud of you. Are there before and after pictures?

Wings1295 said...

Well, there are before pics, but nothing formal. And it would be easy for me to be modest and pooh-pooh your compliments. I am no sleek jungle cat, but I am doing my best, have already dropped one pant size and am sticking with it. And if I can do it, fake parts and limp all, anyone can!

Chase March said...

That last picture is classic! Brought a smile to my face. Thanks!