Monday, June 4, 2012

This Just Doesn't Look Safe

If I was in charge of Guiness and their stupid book of records I would make these Romanians pick up every damn firey paper lantern they released. Really smart to let each one go during the summer forest fire season. When Romania burns to the ground I will be the first one to remind you all that I predicted it first. If I ever needed ANOTHER reason not to go to Romania....

The Romanians claim to have trumped last June’s release of 11,000 in Poland with 12,740 of their own on Saturday.

How was this number arrived at? The lanterns were all released at the same time, not one after another. I don't trust Romanian math any further than I trust all their vampires and werewolves.




4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't trust 'em either. Shifty eyes.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Don't get me started on all the stories about relatives digging up their recent dead family members and putting a stake through their hearts because they think they are still stalking them. This happend TWICE just this year. Fuck you Romania.

M. D. Jackson said...

At least the Romanians still know what to do with those bloodsucking vampires, as opposed to Americans who just want to date them because they're so "dreamy and sparkly".

DrGoat said...

The lanterns are an idiotic idea, like 99% of Guiness BS, but MD has a point. They can't even tie their own shoes over here, let alone kill the undead.