Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Last Polka

'SCTV' was a great show from my childhood. Being Canadian made, maybe it was always more geared towards our enjoyment because it is SOOOO Canadian. Yosh and Stan Schmenge (John Candy and Eugene Levy) were my favorite Polka Kings. Their accents crack me up and were often imitated by me and my buddies in University. You just needed to start a chorus of "Cabbage Rolls and Coffee" in any student bar and EVERYONE knew the song. The mockumentary 'The Last Polka' is a great comedy you need to be on the lookout for if you like this kind of goofy humor. In fact, you can see the entire thing on You Tube. Part one can be seen below. Then follow to each additional part. Be on the lookout for many famous faces.



4 comments:

DrGoat said...

I taped most of SCTV way back when, and transferred it to disc. Absolutely the funniest stuff ever produced.

DrGoat said...

"....it was almost a moving experience."

M. D. Jackson said...

"I'm Yosh Schmenge..."

"...and I'm Stan Schmenge..."

"...and we're the HEPPY WANDERERS!"

Kal said...

"I asked them if they had found the raisin in their Raisin Suprise Ball and they of course asked me if I had found the raisin in my Raisin Surprise Ball - it was, you know, 'chit chat'."