Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just When DC Comics Gets ONE Thing Right

They can't help but fuck it up.


As of yesterday, Cartoon Network has postponed DC Nation until January 2013. This was done without any prior announcement to the fans, or the producers of these shows.






 
Each short in the series was barely over a minute long and often three or four would be shown over successive commercial breaks in order to tell the complete story - Batman of Shanghai being an example. I admired the style and imagination of this project and it looked like FINALLY, DC comics had found something interesting and fresh to do with their properties. My mistake for thinking it would last forever. For a second there I thought I could return to those halcyon days of youth when Saturday Morning cartoons were the best part of my week.
 

No comments: