Thursday, November 14, 2013

Hailee Steinfeld In Ender's Game



The movie was pretty much what I expected never have read the book. I saw the big 'twist' coming from down the block and I found most of the films message to be very simplistic and the ending really stunk up the room. It was totally out of place with this character they tried to develop for 90 minutes. I had a hard time suspending my disbelief with this one and if you hope to enjoy Ender's Game that is absolutely essential. At least I could enjoy Hailee who I love in anything. I would be interested in what fans of the book thought of this adaptation.




 
 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Haven't seen the movie yet but the short story that started it all was great. I must have been 12 or so when I first read it. I still remember the impact of the ending. Card had some amazing short stories in Omni when Omni could do no wrong. You can e-read all those Omni mags for free.

https://archive.org/details/omni-magazine

Unknown said...

A heads up. I used to be jo da but with google's latest changes to gmail and google+ I'm using another account to achieve some separations in my online dealings. Not a big fan of all this new tracking and advertising focus.

Kal said...

I know. I would hate to leave blogger but what are you gonna do. Appreciate you still sticking with me. I used to love Omni back in the day.

Unknown said...

I could never give up on you magestic bloggers. Where else could I get my own private staff that scour the internet for my personal pleasure and entertainment? The time and effort that you and others put into these creations is truly impressive. I know a good deal when I see one.

DrGoat said...

Omni was a great mag. Still have a few copies in the closet somewhere.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Probably will give this one a miss, but glad to hear that Hailee was good in it.

Chase March said...

I love, love , love the book. It is absolutely incredible.

I think the film did an okay job of adapting it but I think it was a little too rushed. I would have loved to have seen it develop over the course of a television series. They could have played all the little intricacies a little better.

I liked Ender's sister. I want to see more of her.

Hopefully, they will make a sequel.

As a huge fan of the Enderverse, I'm not mad at what they've done. I But you need to read the book or get the audiobooks (they are the best adaptation)