Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I Feel Like I Just Got A Comment From One Of The Beatles

 
Lets see if I can do this right...

I don't have a Blogger account other then this joke one I made, and I couldn't find an email to contact you but I came across your page and I, well.. just wanted to thank you for being so supportive of me and everything I've done. Reading all your posts left a smile on my face and they were really sweet :)

~Riddle/Riki





 
If someone is just goofing on me then please don't ruin this moment for me by telling me Riki didn't really just comment at the Cave of Cool. I am dizzy from the attention. I don't get a lot of validation like this in my life especially for someone I admire as both a designer, a model and artist. Cosplay is an art form I have great appreciation for and it's a pleasure to show off the best efforts I find here. After all this IS the Cave of Cool and only the coolest of the cool should be preserved on ice forever. Ya dig?
 
Now if YOU are out there and happen to think of something nice to say about the Cave of Cool, please, don't let me stop you. I would appreciate any kind words you would have to say. I think I am drunk on Riki's attention and I LIKE IT!
 


 

14 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Way to go, Cal! Savour the moment!

Kal said...

Like it's the last cherry freezie pop in the deep freeze.

Anonymous said...

Never met her, but Riddle has always come across as approachable and down-to-earth. It wouldn't surprise me at all that she would show appreciation for someone who has had nothing but nice things to say about her, while also talking her up to daily readers.

I'm just saying, Kal, you're a good guy. People dig you.

Tim Knight said...

Congrats!

It is a wonderfully giddy feeling to get an unsolicited comment from someone you have supported on your blog.

If nothing else it proves people read - and appreciate - what you are doing.

It's moments like that that help you through the dark "why-am-I-doing?" times.

Keep up the great work!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

That is pretty cool. I totally understand what this means to you!

david_b said...

Riki's smoldering hot..!!

(had to get that in there....)

I had Russell Johnson (the Professor from 'Gilligans Island') write me back once, calling me 'sir' when I mentioned I was an Army officer, as he was a WWII aviator. Pretty surreal.

Kal said...

Joe Jusko left me a note once too and I thought that was also very cool. Hearing from Riddle is like hearing from Selena. I am pretty jazzed.

DrGoat said...

Congratulations Cal. A feather in your cap to be sure.
I had Morey Amsterdam flip me off at a red light in Hollywood back in the 60s. He didn't like our long hair I guess. Plus a friend and I almost got in a tussle with Robert Conrad (the guy from the original Wild Wild West Show) at a party in the early 70s. He was pretty drunk and we were loaded and it was surreal at best.

Kal said...

THE Robert Conrad, Black Sheep Squadron?? He was notorious for fighting. I would have like to have seen him and Oliver Reed go at it at the Playboy Mansion in the 70s. That would have been a hell of a fight. Morey Amsterdam was rude in traffic? Who knew?

Kal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
profsafety said...

Congrats, Cal! That's amazing! I'm really glad she took some time for a true fan.

Kal said...

That is the way I feel. I feel appreciated for my fanboy gushing all these years.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Wow WOW WOW! Thats a shining moment for you alright! Treasure this moment my friend.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

She is lovely in a lovely way... score to KING KAL!