Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jaime Alexander As Wonder Woman

 

 
 
I know she plays the Lady Sif in the newest Thor movie but there is no reason that she can't also be Wonder Woman unless she has an exclusive contract with Marvel. She is the only known actress that I would consider for the part. My preference is for an unknown in the role of Diana but I would have no problem with Jaime seeing her as Sif who is also kinda the Wonder Woman of Marvel Comics.
 
 
"I’m a huge fan of Wonder Woman. I really think if this is the closest that we’re ever going to get to Wonder Woman, then I’m proud to play Sif. I hope that other comic book entities can learn a lesson from Marvel in how to execute a female character the way it should be done. ... I really would like to one day see a Wonder Woman film or Wonder Woman character, but until it’s done with class, I’d rather it not be done."


http://io9.com/jaimie-alexander-confirms-talks-with-dc-have-they-found-1458724513

http://www.beingretro.com/

4 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I'm not sure why Jamie Alexander went to the premiere of Thor dressed as the cover to "Showgirls" but whatever...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYam8eaCMAAF78p.jpg:large

DrGoat said...

That's actually a pretty tacky outfit, or affectation I should say. Not that she's not lovely, but give me a break.

j-swin said...

honestly, there are plenty of fine actresses that could play a great wonder woman and tons of scripts out there tow work from. the problem is that "the man" (read: big hollywood) is threatened by strong female character types and won't take a chance on what is clearly a profitable idea. make the movie already!

Kal said...

I suggest they do a cartoon version first and watch that become a huge hit. I loved the Wonder Woman movie from a few years back. Just redo that in live action and you got a huge hit.