Friday, January 9, 2015

Now THIS Is A Beautiful Thing

Yes, Supaidaman's giant robot Leopardon just set foot in the official, 616 universe to join forces against Solus, a villain determined to take out every Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man in every reality. I won't say how it goes, but I will say this — writer Dan Slott and artist Olivier Coipel are doing the Lord's work over there.

I am a total Spider-Man geek but haven't read a comic series since the Spider-Gwen issues. These pages alone make me want to seek out the entire dozen or so issues of The Amazing Spider-Man series. Spider-Men and women from all different realities? Hell yes. Give me more.


 
The bottom cartoon is especially brilliant. There are just some dimensions you don't want to travel too, even if you are a Spider-Man eating vampire guy.

(click to enlarge)
 

2 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

"I am the Emissary of Hell. And I brought my giant freaking robot."

This panel alone has convinced me to start buying spider-man for the first time since the 80s.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yup...that is a pretty sweet moment. Now where is my Spiderverse animated series??