Friday, June 15, 2018

DC Black Label

 
DC Black Label is a brand-new publishing imprint dedicated to giving premier writers and artists the chance to expand on DC’s unrivaled characters with unique, standalone stories set outside DC continuity. The imprint will be DC’s home for classy, collectible superhero stories aimed at mature readers looking to be challenged and surprised as they’re entertained, with an eye for the unique and remarkable. In that regard, each DC Black Label series will have a unique format and a release schedule designed to best serve the story and creative vision, with the first of the previously announced DC Black Label titles set to debut later this year:

 
BATMAN: DAMNED #1 – September 19, 2018
(bimonthly, three issues)

 

 SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE #1 – November, 2018
(bimonthly, three issues)
 

5 comments:

nolan said...

Cool! Kinda like a Vertigo/Elseworlds mashup, then?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I think so. The creators here are solid. I like the small story arcs too.

Tim Knight said...

Arrrgghhh! Too many comics, too little time and money! Think I'll probably wait for the collected volumes on these.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I will read them online without guilt when I also find the time. I have been spoiled by collected editions. I hate to wait for the next issue. When did I become THAT guy.

Barbecue17 said...

I only read trades at this point too, unless they release these as prestige format titles. Then I can pick them up. I'm really looking forward to these.