Monday, March 9, 2009

Blogging Rocks


Again the benefits of blogging have come to me unexpectedly. My friend Mike from Winnipeg sent me this comic after reading about my childhood love of Birdman. He said he found it in a box of garage sale junk he just went through after his wife's complaints. Its is more awesome than just a comic. Its people looking out and validating the cool geeky things that I love to have. In this issue you get the Galaxy Trio, The Hurculoids, and the Mighty Mightor which are more of the cooler shows that Hanna Barbara did. I may not remember the individual episodes when I use bit torrent to collect as many as I can but once you hear any of the sound effects they used you are brought back to the best memories of your youth. Just listen to the episodes below and see if you don't agree with me. I wish I had kids to share these cool things with and I love to read other blogs that share my interests especially when they talk about how timeless some of these things are when their kids love them also.





2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Used to watch these all the time, too. Good stuff.

Do you also recall a live action Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn/Becky Thatcher show? Used to have like 5 or 10 minute segments?

So, so long ago...

Reis O'Brien said...

Dude... this is freaky. Wait 'til you see the videos I just posted on my blog right before stopping by here.

Great minds, my friend... great minds...