Monday, April 6, 2009

Jessie's Posters











These posters by artist Jessie Phillips are amazing. I love the colors and the way they are influenced by the psychedelic posters of 60s. They remind me of those great blacklight posters that you could color yourself that I had when I was a kid. Of course we weren't smoking anything YET so we never came up with anything colored as freaky as many of these are. I so wish I could teach art again. I loved coming up with projects like these and showing the kids what they could aspire to. Most would come up with ordinary creations but every once in awhile you would get some really exciting stuff and you would know that you inspired someone to become an artist.

http://www.miniml.net/jesse/index4.html

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Wow - Those are fabulous! I am amazed at people who are able to see things in that way and then actually create them. Very nice.

wiec? said...

these posters are incredible! thanks for showing them. really cool stuff.