Sunday, July 5, 2009

Great Movie or GREATEST Movie?


I don't want to jinx it because its downloading as I write this but doesn't this look like something you just HAVE to see? On this cover box its called 'Mosquito Man' but I prefer its other title - 'MANSQUITO'! I admit I got a weakness for these craptastic Sci Fi (or SYFY) channel monster movies. Sure the effect may be average to below average and sure the performers all went to the Lorenzo Lamas/Stephan Segal school of acting but how can you resist the wacky premises they come up with? Huge Komodo Dragons? Werewolves fighting Vikings? Nazi Super Soldiers? Rampaging mutant insects? I love them all. So many WTF moments to enjoy. Add to that some Cinemax style nudity that will always come from some young actress just before the monster makes a meal out of her and you can just pass me the popcorn and shut up until the commercials. More of my review after I watch it tomorrow. I can tell already you can't wait for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Mansquito? That is awesome!
I LOVE these craptastic movies! The best ones I've seen so far are "Frankenfish" and "Ice Spiders". Bad CGI monster fish and giant spiders attacking douchebag snowboarders who talk like Keanu Reeves. Oh yeah!!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I think I love you. LOL