Monday, November 2, 2009

Joined My First Book Club


For my favorite novel, 'DUNE' which I have read a whole bunch of times plus seeing the movie and the Scyfy Channel's miniseries. I adore that book so I am excited to see how much more I can learn from others about it. It also has some great Paul Pope designed pages which SHOULD be from his own illustrated Dune if someone smart would want to publish it. I like the way Pope takes scenes or stories or quotes and builds a page around them without literally telling the whole tale. He sets the mood and defines character this way. I admire the approach. He obviously has a love for the work he is illustrating.



http://www.dharbin.com/blog/category/opinion/books/dune-book-club/

1 comment:

Wings1295 said...

Cool! I have never joined a book club. I am, however, doing the NaNoWriMo. Ack!!!