Friday, November 6, 2009

Scary Views

a rose is a rose had a great picture the other day of a cable car designed to make me fill my diaper from fear. I think I found another image to go with that one. It looks like we have another feature in development here. I love to travel and I love the mountains but a viewing platform like this would freak me out and freeze me in place. They would have to tranquilize me with the same blowdart gun they use on the tigers when they need to clean their teeth at the zoo. Then carefully pry my cold, nearly dead fingers from the railing. Good times.

At the pinnacle of Mount Isidor in Tyrol, Austria there is a sleek, modern viewing platform made of wood and steel that juts 27 feet over a ridge.


This is the Five Fingers Viewing Platform, above the Salzkammergut area in Austria.


Singapore’s highest pedestrian bridge, the Henderson Waves, undulates over the landscape like a snake, providing a connection between Telok Blangah Hill Park’s two highest points, Mount Faber and Telok Bangah Hill. The park also offers elevated walkways 120 feet above the forest floor that allow visitors to experience the park at treetop level.

4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

That is so not for me. I like a good view, but not where I am dangling over it!

Unknown said...

no

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

no?

Unknown said...

as in never. i am not even going to look at the pictures any more