Saturday, October 16, 2010

Firefly - Episode 9 - Ariel


How cool is it to see them plan a caper? I have dreams of year two and three where their heists became more elaborate than on the A-team.

I do enjoy how nothing ever goes smoothly for these characters but it all works out in the end.

How empty will my life be when my episodes are all watched? I plan to get the DVD which I understand comes with audio commentary for several of the episodes. This is one show that I intend to learn every little thing about it that I can.

Why does Jayne always have to be an untrustworthy bastard? I admire instinct his self preservation but he never makes it easy does he? I really want to like him but he only thinks of himself and never of the crew - the BEST crew on the outer rim as if you needed any reminder of that.

When they were loading up on the medicines all I could say was "Take the NyQuil! Don't forget the NyQuil."

Do you know that FIREFLY is the name of Malaysia's commercial airline. Who knew they were fans?

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You'll feel as empty as the rest of us who curse the day the show was cancelled.

M. D. Jackson said...

Season 2 and 3 of Firefly will always be one of mankind's great unrealized dreams. Kind of like the Apollo Program's plans for lunar colonization. Dreams cut short by the short sightedness of others. *sigh*

Kal said...

Frickin' FOX. Can't they do anything but unleash evil to the world?

Big J said...

I loved Firefly, and recommend the comics by dark horse (including one about wash written by Patton Oswald of all people) I was even part of the ground crew for serenity, and got a patch (which I sewed proudly on my brown coat!) In fact at trekfest 2009, when everyone else was dressed as starfleet crew from the new movie, I dressed as Mal, and almost got kicked out of the cassino where it was held due to my "overly realistic firearm" (hey it ain't no gorram phaser!) But Fox, yeah they pretty much screwed up too many brilliant shows, I would also recommend Wonderfalls (which incidentally takes place on the US/Canada border) and much like firefly was brilliant, well written and thus uncerimoniously dumped by FOX, not to mention the spin off for the X-files which did the same ratings as season 1 X-files in it's first season also got the axe for not having an attractive enough cast. and yet look at some of the mutants on American Idol, F*** Fox. Sorry for the rant, but they really get under my skin with this crap!

Kal said...

I totally agree with you about A.I. Just bad karaoke masquerading as something meaningful. I have never watched it because the whole idea makes me cringe just thinking about it. Reminds me of an unfunny comedian when you can't read that remote. That sick feeling.