Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Am Not A Fan...But

This song is actually quite epic as was his performance on SNL last weekend. One of the all time great musical numbers ever done on that show.

I am intrigued by him now. Before I was turned off by his behavior but now I think he is more complicated and damaged inside than I ever wanted to believe. Yes, he did get to me.

This short snipped he released is a digital symphony of images. I couldn't help thinking that it could start another music video revolution because it is so forward thinking and an ultimate expression of all we have seen from the music video genre.

There is a straight line from Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' MV to Kanye's 'Power' MV in my mind. Check it out.

6 comments:

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Too bad he is such a jerk, given how talented he is.
xoRobyn

Kal said...

He is a TOTAL asshole but I listen to those lyrics and that is a young man in a lot of pain. I actually care that he doesn't flame out like I still wish on Lindsey and Paris and the most hated Bieber. Kanye is a whole bowl full of contradictions (sp?)

Rusty Cage said...

people just gotta admit that his music is catchy and theres some talent behind it despite his personality

http://rustycageblog.blogspot.com

Kal said...

I think that he would be less of a dick if he felt his music was appreciated more. But that is the dog chasing it's tale.

Kal said...

or tail

M. D. Jackson said...

Visually it is a stunning video. The song? Meh... Kanye himself? Well, he wouldn't be the first douchebag who was inordinately talented and allowed to get away with childish behaviour for too long.