Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Freeman Name


If you know not the world of DUNE then this post will make very little sense to you. If you are aware, then enjoy my freakin' genius, sand bitches.

Hey C'kal, It's Frances. Here is an explanation/definition of your Fremen name. Feel free to disregard it if it is too ethereal or esoteric.

It is taken to mean a man who has a popular blog that draws people into following it. ie, Your way of generating reactions from the content of your blog. The computer and it's "Medium" being the "Spice". The more interesting your content the more powerful the "Spice".


From France's re-explanation to my thinking about this for a week - honestly people, a whole week - I don't think that much about anything - I have come to my conclusion in this matter of my Freman name and it's meaning.

My Freman name is C'Kal which means 'he who teaches the children'

So my value in the tribe is storyteller and someone whose memory allows him to store and recount many million facts or opinions or tales from the past that can be recalled at a moment's notice and shared with others.

I am the teacher of the children who I instruct on the history of our people and the value of our traditions. I am often scowled at by those of the tribe who want me to pursue a more orthodox and rigid style in my classes.

I, however want the children to be free thinkers who will not be slaves to any dogma.

I want them to be open to every possibility because in such a harsh environment as Arrakis it is of benefit to be keenly aware of your surrounding and to be able to react to threats in numerous ways.

I want them to be practical so that if a woman and her son from the 'outer world' stumble in from the desert, they don't miss out on learning the 'Weirding Way' of combat.

I want them to develop curiosity and an interest in other belief systems and other worlds. I would have the children be accepting of strangers because they never know if that person from Caladan will become the Mesiah, The Maud'dib, who the prophecies speak of.

I want them to judge people by their actions, not by who they appear to be at first glance.

Basically it boils down to - "trust in Muad'dib, but tie up your sandworm"

5 comments:

csmith2884 said...

Long live C'kal may he provide us with may more tales and learn us in the ways of odd dress.

Kal said...

sing it sisters

M. D. Jackson said...

Frances says "Long live C'Kal!" and prosper.

Kal said...

sweeeet

D.I. Felipe González said...

The spice must flow, brother C'Kal.