Monday, October 4, 2010

No Ordinary Family


Is this the show that HEROES wished it could have been.

I love the cast and especially the Mr Incredible/Frozone relationship between Jim and George. ("You can't fly but you can JUMP"). The effects are very well done and I like the steep learning curve that everyone is on. I especially like the wild car chase scene where Jim is jumping from building to building.

You know that pilot will come back as their evil nemesis and I am looking forward to seeing what kind of Doctor Doom like powers that he has. You know he will be more powerful than any ONE of them so how they integrate their powers will be fun to watch.


Will there be costumes? I kinda hope so because they are going to be in public so how do they protect their secrets? But not goofy costumes. Something like the uniforms in the X-men movies (shout out to my girl Kitty Pride!)

I like that each one has ONE person that they can trust but that makes that person vulnerable to the enemies that they will no doubt accumulate. I am sure that that guy that works with the mom is corporate evil. The military? They will wet their pants if they found out the resource that was out there.

I just wrote the whole first season in my head. It's like a live action comic book. I love the opening titles too. Just the curtain blowing out the window like a cape. Genius.

I wish I had kids just at the right age to watch this with. Then when they are really into the show I will show them the 12,000+ comic books I have in boxes in my storage room. Then they would wet their pants.

6 comments:

Nick Ward said...

Oh this looks gold!

Kal said...

The effects and the cast make this one a winner for me.

Contemplating Cadie said...

That actually looks pretty cool.

Hobgoblin238 said...

BOO! Costumes like the Xmen movies are what is WRONG with Hollywood and comics today. I don't want to see any more real world crap. I want my tights! Wolverine SHOULD have been in yellow and blue. Not this black leather crap.

Kal said...

You say that now because they didn't do it that way. Trust me. Did you ever see the pilot of the Justice League TV show from the 80s? They tried your comicy costumes and it was a sad sad thing to see. That's the man talking through you. Wolverine in yellow and blue on screen. Please.

Matt said...

I watched the pilot online last night and I can't wait for the second episode tonight. Good call on the pilot character, too; as soon as I saw Tate Donovan I was like "He's too well-known to only be a cameo... he'll be back later."