Sunday, May 8, 2011

Your Mother Never Stops Being Your Mother


I love that this mother still has influence over her son despite the fact that he is a grown man. More mothers out there need to demand accountability from their children and not allow them to get away with being assholes. One should never be too old to learn such important life lessons.

“A Minnesota legislator had a bit of a jocks-vs-goths meltdown this week when he declared best-selling comic book writer and novelist Neil Gaiman to be a “pencil-necked little weasel who stole $45,000” from the state in the form of a speaking fee (that the writer ultimately donated to charity). The remark came from House Majority Leader Matt Dean, who is trying to pass new legislation changing the way programs for culture and the arts are funded in Minnesota. The Republican apologized after he was admonished by his mother.”

3 comments:

Belle said...

This made me scream with laughter! Oh my goodness, that is just a riot.
This morning my daughter was trying to give advice to her 19-year-old son. After a while he rolled his eyes and said, "Oh my God." That was her Mother's Day. We all laughed.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahaha -- you're never too old for a good ass-kicking from Mom!

Sarah said...

I'm ashamed this came from my state legislature.

I can assure you I didn't vote for him!