Thursday, June 2, 2011

To All The Cell Phone Users In My Life Who Take Me Task About Not Chosing To Use A Cellphone And Those Who Call Me A Chicken Little And A Luddite


It seems that after a two year study there is strong research that cellphones cause brain cancer. When the cell phone craze first hit I heard a report about how the microwave technology that is such an importance to the operation of the cell phone is the same technology that is so important to how a police radar gun works.

For years cancer doctors had notice a much higher rate of testicular cancer in police officers that used radar guns in their daily work. The source of the cancers now has been traced to the guns resting in the laps of the cops while they are waiting for a highway speeder to appear. Basically they were microwaving their balls a little bit everyday they used the radar guns in their work.

Cell phones are a relatively new invention so the incidents of cell phone related cancers are only now starting to appear is medically significant numbers.

The discussion of how this is such delicious IRONY to the life of Officer Fuckface who not only had to give me the ticket for being 25 km off the posted speed - a punishment that I totally deserve because I did commit the violation (In my defence the road was a country artery that for most part was deserted of any cars but myself so I was not putting other cars and passengers in danger. He dinged me about ten kilometers outsider the town I was going to.) but who then felt I needed a ten minute lecture on being a responsible motorist after he had given me the ticket - will have to wait for another time.

I always knew is was a bad idea to use a device that basically was microwaving my brain a little with each call that I would make.

Once again Calvin knew the truth all along. What a shock.

I guess me and some Shepard in Mongolia will be the last two people left on the Earth in ten years. I hope he knows some good 'Knock Knock' jokes. It will help to pass the time.

1 comment:

Budd said...

I didn't have one for a long time because I didn't want to be connected 24/7. The wife said something about needing them for emergencies and it wasn't long until we cancelled our home service. They are primarily used so we can find each other at Wal-Mart. We pay a lot for that service.

Can you tell when a cell phone is about to ring?