Sunday, November 6, 2011

What The Kids Are Saying On The Streets

I am encouraging everyone to do a post about some of the favorite blogs that they read. Sometimes it's good to spread the love and take the time to let someone know that they are appreciated. It's all we want really - recognition and validation.

Daskaea, realizing that my advice was brilliant, wrote about the 'Cave of Cool' and told me just what I needed to hear as I suffer from my terrifying oven attack.

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Cool by Cal

Cal lives out in Alberta, Canada and is the official Internet aficionado on all things certifiably cool. Cal is prolific and provides lots of content to a great community of commenter's. A lot of his blog posts are really neat images he finds on the Internet, but the comments on the page always make some awesome discussion on current events. I'm lucky because Cal seems to think I'm entertaining and always makes an effort to post on my blogtastic madness. He's also the reason I've been getting decent traffic even though this blog is a reboot of my other blog which had a decent traffic rating. But I threw caution to the wind and restarted this bitch. Cal is making the reboot turn out as a great start.



You all know how much I admire smart. People who express themselves well and are fearless in defending their opinions are some of my favorite kinds of people. Even when they are totally loopy, I can still see the wheels turning in their heads. If I can't finish your sentences in my head then you are someone who I NEED to hear more from. It's a rare group that challenge my brain like that.

Daskaea is such a girl. Just the kind I am looking for if y'all are flipping through one of those male order bride catalogues or have relatives with low self esteem. She's cute, she's funny, she understands what it means to have 'seasons'.

But most importantly she talks to me like an adult and is playful and quick. She makes it worth the effort because she lets herself be in on the joke and she plays along. I so love that.

Follow the link and follow her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*^___^*
Thanks so much Cal. That post just made me grin like a Cheshire Cat. Highest traffic day yet. All thanks to you. Muchas gracias, friend.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That you for commenting and getting involved in the conversation around here. It's a two way relationship here. I know how cool it is to get bigger numbers and reach a larger audience. Mine is actually dropping while yours is going up which is funny. I would trade all those followers who never comment for one who does. Hope you sick around a long time.

Nathan said...

That's a really cute picture you have there.