Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another Of My Favorite Films



The Fall is one of those movies that you appreciate for all the things that it ISN'T. It's set in Hollywood but is unlike any story you have ever seen on screen. The performances are magical as are the visuals. Tarsem, the genius behind The Cell and Immortals gives you something that is a rare gift to a true fan of the movies. This film is all about imagination and the unexpected places that a good story can take you. I like to think they improvised the entire movie around the performance of the child actor. This is one I save to watch once a year because to see it any more times than that in a solar cycle would spoil it for me.

5 comments:

Matt said...

I love this movie. It's such an under-rated masterpiece. And you're in luck: the little girl's scenes were mostly improvised. Tarsem put her and Roy in the hospital bed and pulled the curtains around them with only the camera peeking in and used their conversations to build his scenes. It's such a sweet and natural performance.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've never even heard of this one but WOW, it looks good! Beautiful visuals and a complex allegory of a story. I'd like to watch it!

M. D. Jackson said...

Another to add to my "Must Watch" list.

DrGoat said...

Really beautiful movie to watch. The stoiry is good too. The little girl in it is adorable.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh M.D...why must you hurt me so?