Monday, December 10, 2012

I Am Not Pleased About This Idea One Damn Bit



I really hate the fact that some idiot thinks he can remake Jumanji which I still find to be magnificent. It was one of the best times I ever had at the movies. Robin Williams finally didn't need to be constantly ON when he was speaking. Here it is nice to see that he could play a character you could fall in love with and that is only one of the reason Jumanji works so well.

Remake JUMANJI?? Why not make that Candyland movie we have been promised for so long while you are at it. Many people hated this movie but I thought it was a fantastic adventure with heart. The characters are original, especially Bonnie Hunt as the young girl who grew up but never grew out of the game. The CGI animals are impressive for the time they were made. I fell for the illusion. In this film, monkeys do what monkeys do - make mischief. I am happy they were portrayed accurately.
 
 
I can't help watching when it shows up on the satellite. Kirsten Dunst, one of the great child actors of all time, is also terrific it it and I can watch David Allen Greer wrestle with the fate of that poor police car of his.

"FINE! TAKE IT!"
 
  


If you love Jumanji I think you will also like Zathura, a board game based adventure by the same author of the original children's book. It does star a pre-Twilight Kristen Stewart but don't worry, she is pretty unlikeable throughout and is only on screen for a short period of time.



3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I was not aware that there was a Jumanji remake in the works. I agree about "Candyland". They already made "Battleship" and Ridley Scott is helming "Monopoly" and after the "Sugar Rush" world in "Wreck It Ralph", why not a Candyland movie?

I also agree about Kirsten Dunst's child acting. Say whatever you want about the Spider-Man movies, but she was golden in "Kiki's Delivery Service".

I remember "Zathura" as well. Actually, I remember it coming out when I was finishing school and it was one of Mom and Dad's last ditch efforts to get the whole family together one more time. It was a better movie than I thought it would be at the time, and amusing in hindsight to see Sam Rockwell as an astronaut as well as Kirsten Stewart being frozen in ice.

GC said...

Both a fun movies. My son loves Zathura.

csmith2884 said...

My kids all love Jumanji. Can't tell you how many times it's been on in this house.