Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pacific Rim - New Trailer

"Today we are CANCELLING THE APOCALYPSE!"
  


Mechs vs Monsters - how does a movie get any better than that? I told you our worst enemies would come from the sea. Anything stupid enough to attack humanity (who as a group can do the most terrible things to each other) deserves to have their asses handed to them in such a way that the next 20 generations of their progeny are too afraid to make war with us again...or that is what Idris Elba tells me and I choose to believe him.

7 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

What gets me is how this has never been done before. Giant Robots vs Giant Monsters is a great niche in geek culture, but it isn't one that has gotten a lot of film exposure. Reminds me quite a bit of "Sky Captain", were its "X Sub Genre: The Movie". I guess it takes the push of a big name like del Toro to get it made.

In the past decade we had at least one giant monster in "Cloverfield" and more giant robot than we needed with the "Transformers" series, but the closest I think we've gotten to a big monster brawl in a US Mainstream like this was the Dreamworks' film "Monsters vs Aliens".

M. D. Jackson said...

I just saw this about half an hour ago. It connected right to my inner 12 year old self and as soon as it was over I shouted "Oh, fuck, YEAH!"

Sam G said...

This looks so f@ckin awesome. Also looking forward to new Godzilla.

Kal said...

Robot Jox is a great B-movie featuring the US and USSR fighting over land with giant robots.

The Japanese have been hip deep in giant robots for decades. It's about time someone in the west found out about the joys of the Mechs.

DrGoat said...

Gotta stay alive for this one too. I totally agree with M.D. That is so cool. That first narrator starting at 00:18 sounds like Jax from Sons of Anarchy.

Kal said...

Didn't I see him quickly pass by in the clip?

Anonymous said...

I suspect the creators of Pacific Rim are Evangelion fans.