Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Wind And The Lion

http://nothingiswrittenfilm.blogspot.ca/2009/01/wind-and-lion.html

 
I have had this movie in my head since someone commented on the good role Brian Kieth played as Teddy Roosevelt, my all time favorite U.S. President. I could write a more thoughtful examination of the geopolitical underpinnings in what is, at it's core, just a talky adventure tale. If anything could get me to deal with how annoying I find Candice Bergan, it worth your time too. Her 'Gibson Girl' look is perfect for a modern woman of her time who is actually worth all the trouble.
 
 
Kieth is great as a thinker who sought challenges all over the world. It's a larger than life portrayal that would be out of style today. Today our movie Presidents are more moody and thoughtful and lifeless. This one made me proud to be an American...even though I am not one.
 

 
Connery is at his charasmatic best. Check out the link above if you want a love letter to the film.
  

The Wind And The Lion - Trailer 1975 by mariotoledo

2 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Great movie!

Mike D. said...

This is my Dad's favorite movie of all time. I mean all time. And I must have seen it over three million times as a kid. Great flick....