Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Kingdom Of The Ice Bear




 
'I was on a razor's edge' by: Paul Souders - Hudson Bay, Churchill, Canada

It was the moment he had spent two cold, grueling, and solitary weeks waiting for. But when Paul Souders finally came face to face with a polar bear his patience paid off beautifully - as these stunning snaps show. The 51-year-old photographer managed to keep his cool to capture these incredible close-up images of a swimming polar bear. Standing in his 11-foot inflatable zodiac, Souders drifted up to the female bear he spotted roaming on the ice capped shores of Churchill, Canada.He followed her as she paddled up the coast until she was relaxed enough to venture right up to his boat. Wildlife photographer Souders, from Seattle, USA, said: ‘It took her some time to settle down. I really felt like I had to earn her trust. ’I didn’t feel threatened, but I knew that I was on a razor’s edge - I had no margin for error.’I watched her reaction very closely looking for any sign of aggression.’


 

5 comments:

j-swin said...

poor polar bears, we just ruin everything and the poor animals pay the price.

DrGoat said...

That's what the Bible and the corporate world sez humans should do. Just use it up 'cause it was all put there for us to ruin. We pretty much suck.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's sad that some day, photos will be all that will be left of these great white bears.

Kal said...

We don't 'pretty much suck' we TOTALLY suck.

DrGoat said...

On a different note, (from Technohell), Yul Brynner as Professor X!!!!!