Monday, July 7, 2014

Rocket Racoon, Cosmo And The Pet Avengers

I hate any characters that carry weapons bigger than themselves but for some reason the big gun works with Rocket Raccoon. You people have no idea how much of an explosion he is going to make on popular culture. I remember the original mini-series so well. It was back in the 80s when comics were cheap enough that you could take a chance on a four issue run and still have money left over for all your favorites. It was a great time to be into comics. The stories just seemed more creative and exciting to read back then. People took chances but not everything felt so 'grim and gritty. I looked forward to going to my 'box' every week and seeing all the great stuff from my 'pull list'.



 
I hope that someone has considered other characters from the Guardian Universe to add to the ensemble when the sequel to this summer's movie gets made. My first choice of course would be COSMO, the telepathic dog/cosmonaut with the thick Russian accent. After becoming lost in space after a fail Soviet era space mission (go figure) Cosmo found himself at the edge of space with telepathic powers. He serves as security chief of Knowhere Station. He also talks to himself in the third person. I like that.
 




 
Plus having two badass talking animals gets me closer to my dream of a live action or animated PET AVENGERS movie. I would settle for an animated series. Either way the concept is golden. The comics themselves are fantastic.
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nathan Fillon voices Cosmo in the Guardians movie.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

He's not a pet, he's an action figure!

Wait...

Mike said...

I REALLY hope the Dog is in the movie. I loved that character in the books