Friday, April 22, 2016

20 Years Old And Starting To Feel The Years

 
My poor boy is sick. He has a growth on the left underside of his chin that has gotten bigger over the past few days which has me thinking it is not a cancer, just a soar that looks to be from some kind of bite. I have no idea. He can still eat hard and soft food and is drinking water but he is lethargic and quiet. I can touch the sore and see a scab and he doesn't recoil to badly when it's touched so I know he isn't in a lot of pain or I at least hope he isn't. This is the first time he's ever had anything wrong with him for his entire life. He's been amazing that way. Though he has been distant and didn't come to wake me up this morning. Any break to our routine is reason to worry.
 

5 comments:

Barbecue17 said...

I'm sorry to hear that the Admiral is sick. Thoughts and prayers for him and for you. Take care of your buddy and yourself!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thank you my brother.

Tim Knight said...

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully it's something that can be easily sorted.

DrGoat said...

Sounds like maybe a cyst or something similar.
This can get better if treated. Hope things
go well. We have a 21 year old kitty that's hanging
in there too. Wishing you the best ole buddy. Have
him checked out, I know you would move heaven and earth
for the Admiral.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I would. I had no idea you had an old kitty yourself. My boy is doing okay now and I am watching over him like a helicopter mom.